Saturday, April 21, 2012

Experimenting with Canvas

Here in Washington, the community colleges are preparing for a presumed move from our ANGEL learning management system to Canvas. This is in its very early stages and it will be several months before eLearning departments will have access to Canvas classrooms to play around with. 


In the meantime, my colleague, Renee Carney from Lower Columbia Community College, told me that you can get a free for teachers Canvas account from the Instructure website.  I'm going to give it a shot and see if it will work as a staging place for my course while I wait for our real access to Canvas to begin.


Sign up was easy and, while waiting for the confirmation email, I watched the 5 minute overview video. I set up my course, added an assignment and one student.  It was all terribly simple yet robust.  As soon as I get some content in there, I'll give you a log in to check it out. In the meantime, you might want to get your own Free for Teachers account with Canvas.


Resources:
 a free for teachers Canvas account from the Instructure website

1 comment:

  1. Just created a Canvas account and added my own class to it. It was super easy! I am importing an ANGEL course cartridge into my class right now just for fun. Gotta run, my import is finsished!

    :) Alissa

    ReplyDelete