Saturday, June 23, 2012

Updating My Syllabus

I realized I was working from the wrong version of my syllabus. Finding the rignt version reminded me of some good statements I've added in recent years. I thought I would share them with you.

Confidentiality - this was created after a presentation I gave on Web 2.0 technologies and student privacy. 
Confidentiality. Your student records are protected by the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). This includes the privacy of your interactions in this class. It is important that everyone respect the privacy of our classroom. Do not share out the work, discussion posts or other communications of your classmates without their express permission. For more information on your rights and obligations in this regard, visit http://www.highline.edu/home/catalog/07-09/appendices/college_policies.html#rights.

Submitting Your Work: Please note that all assignments must be posted in Canvas. Assignments will not be accepted via email or by any other means for credit. If you are having technical trouble, you may submit via email as evidence that you did the work on time. However, work submitted via email will not be graded. The work submitted via email must be submitted in Canvas within 2 days of the due date or regular late penalties will apply. A Help Desk Ticket must accompany late submitted work to be eligible for the two day extension.

No comments:

Post a Comment