Saturday, June 16, 2012

Outcomes in Canvas

I've spent a lot of time talking about learning outcomes. Starting off with outcomes is key to good course design and to Quality Matters design in particular.  Canvas is supposed to make integrating outcomes easier than ANGEL.  I went to a couple of sessions at the conference on outcomes but no one did what I needed - talked about how to plug my existing outcomes into Canvas. I could try to figure it out, but since I only have 10 days left, I don't have time for that. Off to YourTube.

Canvas has a YouTube channel.  Once there, I clicked on Search Channel and searched for Outcomes (on a side note, before I did that, I saw a section called InstructureCon 2012- they already have all the conference sessions up on YouTube - cool!).  So, my search yielded 7 results including an Instructure Best Practices video, 42 minutes called Introduction to Learning Outcomes, below.  42 minutes sounds like a long time, but I will multitask while I watch and I will synthesize what I learn into something quick and easy for you in a future post.

No comments:

Post a Comment