Sunday, October 7, 2012

Moment of Panic

I've been slaving away on the orientation of the course all weekend, trying to get everything lined up, amazed once again and the astonishing number of balls one has to keep in the air to successfully launch an online class. No wonder it goes badly so often!

I spent 90 minutes this afternoon recording the orientation videos, using a headset to get some decent sound. I uploaded the videos to YouTube, posted the links in Canvas and was finally done.  Phew!

So, I was clicking through the orientation, about to go to bed, just making sure all is well for tomorrow when I played one of the videos and there was no audio. I turned up the volume. Nope, just no audio. I couldn't believe it. I really wanted to cry. I had checked each video as I recorded them (all 9 of them!) and they had sound then. Something must have gone wrong in the processing or in uploading to YouTube. I'd have to record them all again. 

I was just dejectedly leaving my computer when I noticed my headset was still plugged in. The audio was going into the headset speakers.  I unplugged them and, voila!, sound. What a relief! I can sleep in peace.

References
  one of my orientation videos

No comments:

Post a Comment