Saturday, May 19, 2012

A Canvas Import

I'm not sure what happened to the week, but here we are at the other end of it, without the catching up that I had hoped to do. Oh well.


My college, Seattle Central, will be piloting Canvas in the fall and we're starting to make plans and everyone is getting quite excited. In that spirit, I decided to export my class from ANGEL and import it into Canvas, just to see how it worked. I recorded the experience in real time for your viewing pleasure.


The whole process was really very easy. The main lesson I took from the experience (which I should have remembered from moving from Blackboard to ANGEL) was to clean up my classroom BEFORE doing the export. Delete all those miscellaneous files and assignments that I don't use any more. That whole idea of "garbage in, garbage out" is alive and well when it comes to moving from one LMS to another.



No comments:

Post a Comment